- Plan Your Visit
- About Us
- Special Programs
- Academy of the Sword
- Collection Highlights
- Collection Database
- Museum Store
- Rent the Museum
3rd Annual Gingerbread Castle Competition
Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:00am — 3:00pm
Join us for a sweet competition as local bakers, culinary students, and restaurateurs alike compete for the #1 spot. Museum visitors and a panel of judges will vote for their favorite creations. Our three judges are Barbara Houle, writer of the Table Hoppin' column in the Worcester Telegram, and John Lawrence, owner of Pepper's Fine Catering, and Janet Amorello, Vice President of Marketing at UniBank.
- Enjoy the sounds of the season by Carl Kamp, classical guitarist, from 10:00 am - 1:30 pm and the Master Singers of Worcester performing a capella carols from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm.
- Decorate your own delicious gingerbread cookie for a $1 donation, available all day while supplies last.
- Voting closes at 2:30 pm. Winners announced at 3:00 pm.
A few of our contestants: Bella Cakes, Sodexo Catering at Assumption College, The Cake Lady, Bay Path Regional Vocational Technical High School, Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School.
- People Choice - Ribbon and $100 Gift Check
- Judges' Professional Choice - Custom trophy and $100 Gift Check
- Judges' Amateur Choice - Custom trophy and $100 Gift Check
Want to create your own Gingerbread Castle and enter the competition? Professionals and amateurs accepted. Download rules and entry form.
Sponsored by: UniBank
Most programs Free with Museum Admission